Re: [Debian-NYC] GPG keysigning party on Friday's get-together

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 05:14:55PM -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:
> In fact, caff will make the key signing even better. Its better to use
> it because it will sign the key and then send an email to the user-id on
> the key, encrypted to that user, with the signature. Then if that person
> is able to receive and decrypt that email, they can take that signature
> and upload it to a keyserver themselves. Some people do not like it if
> you upload your signature on their key to a keyserver.

I also agree that people really should use caff.  The process that
caff goes through is the best that I can imagine for distributing
signatures, and it handles it in a simple way.  Distributing
signatures should always be done in the way that caff does it, and not
using caff for the same full procedure is a pain in the ass, so just
use caff.

I'm very bummed I can't make it to the meet up.  I hope everyone has a
great time and that lots of good signatures are exchanged.  Hopefully
people will be willing to do some more signings at the next meet up
that I'm around.

jamie.