Re: [Debian-NYC] DebConf10 status update and IRC meeting

How did the Columbia visit go?  Sorry I couldn't make it, it was a
very busy end of semester.  Is there a transcript of the IRC chat
anywhere?

.hc

On Dec 15, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The bid to bring DebConf10 to NYC continues apace. Four or five of
> us are
> visiting Columbia University on Friday afternoon to investigate it
> as a
> possible venue, in coordination with their Conference Housing
> office. We will
> take pictures and ask questions as appropriate. Most likely they
> will be able
> to satisfy all requirements we have other than price; the question
> is then
> whether we will be able to arrange a price tag that we can afford.
>
> In connection with this, we will have an IRC meeting at 6:00 PM EST
> (2300 UTC)
> in #debconf-nyc on irc.debian.org (a.k.a. irc.oftc.net) on Friday,
> December
> 19th, to discuss where we stand after the Columbia visit and how to
> move
> forward effectively. Please come to that meeting and help our
> DebConf10 bid
> along.
>
> - Jimmy Kaplowitz
> jimmy@debian.org

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne