Re: [Debian-NYC] Saturday big party!

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 04:01:15PM -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:

> Hey Richard,
>
> * Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> [2008-10-03 07:50-0400]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm a long-time Debian user and list/planet lurker, recently moved to
> > New York and found this Debian list.  (Right now I'm in grad school
> > doing chemical physics theory/simulation).  I've always thought about
> > working on Debian, and this seems like this BSP is good as time as any
> > to start.  I thought I'd email ahead to introduce myself...
> >
> > I've used Debian exclusively for about 6 years, so I have a pretty
> > good idea of it from a users standpoint, and I have good skills in
> > python, C, shell, and the unix interface in general.  If I can just
> > get some advice/motivation to start, I'll be good to go...
>
> Cool, there will be plenty to do and your skills will be useful! There
> are a few good ways to get started, and maybe we'll strategize before we
> get started.
>
> > p.s. I assume there will be food... should I bring anything?  I'm
> > vegetarian.
>
> You are among many vegetarians, but good question about food... what do
> you think stew?
>
> micah

Richard,

It would be great to have you helping out!

Yeah, there will be several vegetarians there, including my wife and I.
(well I do eat the fishies from time to time).

I hadn't thought much about food.  There are tons of local
delivery/takeout options we could do.  I could also start throwing
pizzas on the grill until people tell me to stop.  Our vegetable coop
gives us corn faster than we can eat it, and I'm backlogged.  So i'll
see how much corn we can get through and call it a BSP/CSP.

If other people want to bring other stuff that would be grillable, that
would be great too...

stew