Re: [Debian-NYC] Debconf 10 - NYC bid [video]

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 08:05:38PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
>> P.S. - I think now that you are back, we should start having regular
>> planning meetings.
>
> I agree. To everyone who plans to help: what would be a few good days
> and times for an IRC meeting? (Most likely place would be in a
> DebConf10NYC-dedicated channel on OFTC, which is Debian's and DebConf's
> main IRC network.) The most urgent thing right now is to figure out a
> venue; Hans and Sunny, let's touch base so that you understand what we
> would need from Poly, and then maybe have you contact them and get an
> initial quote, to be refined and negotiated over time.  Once we have
> some numbers to work with, then we can compare and clarify and elaborate
> and calculate etc.

I prefer evenings, because there is less likelihood of conflict with
work. Other than that I attend a number of user groups, so it's pretty
much around them. (Too numerous to list here). Just propose some
times, and I will let you know. For this week, I should be free
tonight and tomorrow night. Next week I will be on vacation in North
Carolina. (Unknown status on internet access, but if we have it I
should be able to meet pretty much any time.)

> Which of you will be at the social gathering on September 3rd? I want
> to keep planning meetings mostly separate from social stuff, but it will
> at least provide a chance to meet each other in person. Also, what do
> people think about moving DebConf10 discussion to a new list hosted on
> lists.debconf.org, letting this list go back to mostly social
> discussion? The DebConf organizers offer such a list, as well as a
> website hosted at a debconf.net subdomain, to all serious location
> proposal teams, and have explicitly offered it to us.

I life/work on the UWS, so I need to figure out if the travel time to
the Brooklyn meetup is going to be longer than the event. (Unclear,
because no hours were listed). If that isn't the case, I will almost
certainly be there. (Barring any last minute work emergencies).

As far as a separate list goes, I don't know if that is necessary yet.
I strongly suspect almost everyone in DebianNYC wants to hear the
latest on planning a DebConf in NYC.  In addition we are more likely
to get additional folks involved if we keep on the main list.

(Please speak up if you are reading this, and don't want to hear about
DebConf10 planning).

Cheers,
Brian

--