Re: [Debian-NYC] [Fwd: DebConf10 pre-proposal: New York City]

Hi Sunny,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 04:49:23PM -0400, Sunny Dubey wrote:
> I am an alumni of Polytechnic and have many friends currently there.  I
> suspect we'd be able to make requests and pull some strings ...
>
> I remember DrupalCampNYC being held at Poly:
>
> http://barcamp.org/DrupalCampNYC3
>
> There are quite a number of facilities that would be beneficial to running a
> conference.

Yes, that sounds good, thanks. Based on what you and Hans have said,
Poly looks like it should be at the top of our list for venues. The
conference will not occur until summer 2010, but we can start planning
in more detail already, and even more so once DebConf decides whether to
approve NYC as the DebConf10 loocation. There will be a meeting about
this in 3.25 hours, though it may or may not result in a final decision.

Can I add you to the list of people on the local team as helping out
with the conference?

> For the record: I am a contributor for an entirely different distro.  But I
> believe in Debian's social goals and am glad of the stances Debian takes
> towards non-free software issues.  I also am pro linux-developers-meeting-up
> ... because we all share many of the problems and development issues.  (Hence
> why I joined this list, and because no other distro had an NYC specific list.)

That's great! We're glad to have you involved to whatever extent, and
appreciative of your support. I hope to meet you back in NYC shortly
after my return from DebConf8 next week. (Real-life local team meeting
anyone? Could be good.)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org