Re: [Debian-NYC] [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On 2008-08-11 18:09, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> I hereby propose New York City.

Interpreting the responses of other people, the only problem
seems to be immigrations. I'm relatively sure, that this problem
can be solved for most DebConf participants.

1. Ask some well-respected organisations (universities, some UN
   body, whatever we can arrange) to write invitation letters
   for DebConf participants. I know, that those are sometimes
   completely ignored, but it's worth a try anyway.

2. Talk to big companies (Google, HP, Intel) and other
   organisations, what hints they have for us to get people into
   the US with minimal trouble.

3. Make sure, that expenses for people who try to apply and get
   rejected are covered. Nobody must fear to just lose 100 USD.

4. Support the work of our video team, so that people, who are
   unable or unwilling to enter the US, are not completely left
   out.

Cheers.