Re: [Debian-NYC] DebConf10 pre-proposal: New York City

Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> At DebConf8 there will be a discussion on Tuesday night about the
> location for DebConf10. There haven't been any bids discussed so far,
> so I think it might be a good opportunity for the US to take its turn,
> even despite the immigration hassles, and specifically to propose
> DebConf10 in New York City. There are a lot of other upsides to
> counterbalance the immigration problems, such as:

The prposal really looks great. I'd love to get back to NYC.
And I really hope that, by 2010, $Obama will have rationalized not only
the inmigration problems, but also the privacy implications of
travelling to the US, the data retenction policy, the abusive "security"
meassures and so on.

Anyway be prepared, and not discouraged, to get a lot of complaints in
this regard.

My best wishes, I really hope Debconf in the USA will be possible one
day.

--
  ·''`.  It's never too late to have a happy childhood
 : :' :