Re: Visiting NYC this week

<quote who="Greg Pomerantz" date="Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:25:41PM -0400">
> > It seems that we'll be meeting again this Friday and/or Saturday.
> > Jimmy Kaplowitz just got into town last night but couldn't make the
> > meetup. More info will be posted here soon. :)
>
> There's a big party at the Hacker Halfway House in Brooklyn on Friday
> night. I say we all crash it :) I'm definitely going to try to be there.
> It starts at 10 PM and I have been instructed to bring a posse. They
> will be thrilled to have a bunch of Debian developers in attendance,
> since they are mostly grubby Gentoo users :)

Stefan Alfredsson and Greg and Sunny and I got together for drinks
Wednesday night and had such a good time we're going to do it again.

In addition to Stefan who is visiting from Sweden, we also have David
Nusinow in town tonight and tomorrow and Jimmy Kaplowitz is in town
until Sunday. Lots of new faces and new keys to be signed.

Here's my plan for the next couple days that will each involve a
number of Debian people:

*FRIDAY NIGHT*

 Meet up at Andres' house tomorrow to help fix a beer infestation he
 has in his refrigerator.

 10-11 or so, those of us that are still feeling up to it can head
 over the Triple-H Ranch hacker party. Last time I was at a party
 there I eneded up helping someone write a Shakespearean sonnet
 generator in Elisp. It's always good times.

*SATURDAY DAY*

 A few of us are going to head out to the Bronx Zoo and also to the
 Botanical Gardens on Saturday during the day. We're told the latter
 may have a special unpublished Free Software Developers discount we
 can take advantage of.

The details on the Triple-H party are already published. If you're
interested in joining us for the beer extermination or the zoo, just
give me a call at 206-409-7191 and we'll sort things out.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill