Re: err_needreggednick

at bottom :-

On 27/04/2019, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

> On 2019, ഏപ്രിൽ 27 2:32:49 PM IST, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>at bottom :-
>>
>>On 27/04/2019, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Can anybody tell why doesn't riot work well with Debian-in ?
>>>
>>> I tried to rejoin the room today and it kicked me out :(
>>>
>>> 13:38
>>> shirish joined the room.

>>> 13:38
>>> @oftc-irc:matrix.org kicked shirish. Reason: IRC error on #debian-in:
>>> err_needreggednick
>>>
>>> Any idea what I should do ? The other IRC channels work without an
>>> issue with riot.
>>>

>>FWIW, I did put up a bug-report on
>>https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/9579 . Let's see if this
>>can be fixed.
>
> I don't think it is a riot bug, you need to register your nick for this
> channel. That requirement may be different for different channels. For
> #debian-in +s secret/not listed in directory may be a better mode to stop
> spammers (many other channels use that mode). Channel op needs to set this
> mode or you need to associate your registered nick to matrix irc bridge see
> https://wiki.fsci.org.in/index.php/IRC
> --

It actually is/was a riot bug , see
https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/9579 . I think I should
have shared more of the context of that bug or issue. What seems to
happen, at least in #debian-in and probably couple of other IRC
channels which have this need for registered nicknames, it seems it
keeps the identity and the password for upto 30 days. If for 30 days
or actually even less it drops the password or riot drops the
password.

So at the end you end up changing the password. But even that under
riot has a different syntax than what we are used to in a normal IRC
client. See -

https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/9579 and how I was able
to fix it thanks to t3chguy .

On a slightly different note, I saw this
http://exple.tive.org/blarg/2019/04/26/synchronous-text/

Thank you for answering though.

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C