Re: err_needreggednick

On 2019, ഏപ്രിൽ 27 2:32:49 PM IST, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>at bottom :-
>
>On 27/04/2019, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can anybody tell why doesn't riot work well with Debian-in ?
>>
>> I tried to rejoin the room today and it kicked me out :(
>>
>> 13:38
>> shirish joined the room.

>> 13:38
>> @oftc-irc:matrix.org kicked shirish. Reason: IRC error on #debian-in:
>> err_needreggednick
>>
>> Any idea what I should do ? The other IRC channels work without an
>> issue with riot.
>>

>FWIW, I did put up a bug-report on
>https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/9579 . Let's see if this
>can be fixed.

I don't think it is a riot bug, you need to register your nick for this channel. That requirement may be different for different channels. For #debian-in +s secret/not listed in directory may be a better mode to stop spammers (many other channels use that mode). Channel op needs to set this mode or you need to associate your registered nick to matrix irc bridge see https://wiki.fsci.org.in/index.php/IRC