LGBT tidings and attitudes in India was Re: Debconf 20/21 in India

Dear Rhonda,

De-taching from the main thread, you had asked in the presentation
about how LGBT community is treated in India. To put it simply, it's
complex. While in major towns you shouldn't have a problem in villages
and small towns, dunno.

There is talk about repealing Sec 377 soonish as the 'privacy'
judgement sometime back has enlarged the space for civil rights and
people are more hopeful than ever before.  The judgement has been
reserved at this moment in time.

https://indianexpress.com/article/express-sunday-eye/rainbow-at-the-end-of-the-road-queer-resistance-to-section-377-5290575/

https://www.livemint.com/Leisure/NQks37nRuXKSzZR1ryvF1K/Opinion--Why-the-battle-to-love-wont-end-with-Section-377.html

Gay pride marches are held over Pune,  Mumbai and Goa for sure. I have
been to couple of them in Pune even though I'm straight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pune_Pride