Re: RFH: drush package in Debian

On Thu, 2016-06-16 at 23:12 +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
> > The current state in Debian is that drush has been removed lacking a
> maintainer.
> > It is written in PHP, so if anyone who is well versed with PHP, and has an
> > interest in Drush/Drupal, may want to adopt this package ?
> >

> Anish (CC'd) told me he is interested in maintaining (or co-maintaining) the
> package. He uses Drupal in his work and is good with PHP. And, I believe he
> uses Drush frequently. Though, he may need some help in getting started with
> package maintenance (He has contributed to Diaspora packaging in the past).

This is great. You may want to start with by looking at the initial bug report
about orphaning the package [1]. It should have more pointers on where further
to look at, and some of the challenges the previous maintainer had.

I can help sponsor the package. And since I too use Drupal/Drush, I'll be able
to help test. Besides that, my understanding of PHP/Drupal/Drush is limited. But
anything of the Debian Packaging and Policy, I should be able to help.

You may want to check the Debian PHP Packaging Guidelines to ensure it meets
policy[2]. And the packaging repo is accessible here [3]

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=798500
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPHPGroup
[3] http://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/drush.git
--