Re: Debian on RP 3

I would go for netbooks then in this cost.
iBall, micromax offering some nice netbooks within above price range. [with 64bit arch Intel Atom processor]
Advantage of netbook would be, install various Linux OS variants every day.
Also, it's easy to move those netbooks from 1 place to other without hassle's.
Lastly, I am pretty sure iBall & micromax both having servicing center's in Panji city in Goa. [Single stop for any HW issues]

Regards,
Amey.

Hi Amey,

I think, netbooks/chromebooks needs to be handled with care. Generally
maintenance cost of the laptops/netbooks is higher when compared to desktop.
Eg., Screen and keyboards are very delicate. Also as the mentioned devices
are portable; there are vulnerable to drops/fall/damages.

In the above system, most of the thing will have long life. Only experimental part
would be the SBC. From my personal experience these boards go on well for years.
I have a Sheevaplug which I am running on archLinux for about 5+ years.

Thanks
Yogesh