Re: Mini-DebConf Mumbai, 30th & 31st Jan 2016

Hi Jonas,

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 at 10:01 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Rigved Rakshit (2016-01-16 17:48:53)
> We are happy to announce that this year's mini-DebConf Mumbai [1] will be
> hosted at the office of EIG, Directiplex!

Website is virtually empty without _javascript_.  That affects
security-concerned users, users with weak or no eye sight, bots
(including search engines), and possibly others too.

Sure. If anyone can help re-design the website to remove _javascript_, please submit a pull request (https://github.com/rigved/in2016.mini.debconf.org). Multiple small commits preferable.

> Dates: 30th & 31st Jan, 2016
> Timings (on both the days): 09:00 to 19:00
> Venue: Directiplex, next to Andheri subway, Old Nagardas road, Andheri (E),
> Mumbai - 400069

Website lists OpenStreetMap location.  Great!  Please consider use this
semantic link instead: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/353751097

Done. I had edited OpenStreetMaps a few days back and updated the information about Directiplex but couldn't figure out the correct link.

> We will be concentrating of fixing bugs in Debian at this year's
> mini-DebConf and discussing how best to organise the Debian community for a
> possible future DebConf in India! ;)

As already mentioned in previous posts, Siri and I are in India with a
different focus.  In case you find it relevant for the event you here
organize, we can offer to contribute with the following:

  * Siri and I can lead a round-table discussion on desktop design
    and designability of Debian
  * Siri and I can participate in round-table discussion on Debconf
    in India (we both have some experience from previous events)
  * I can lead a workshop on creating Debian blends using Boxer

Yes, I am hoping that we'll have BoFs at the event and more discussions about organizing a DebConf in India, maybe in 2018. I suggest we have have all the three that you have mentioned above. Please let me know what timings are suitable and I'll schedule the three sessions / workshop.

> Registrations are free of charge and anyone can attend. Only spot
> registrations will be taken.

Website states that "Terms and Conditions apply" - which terms and which
conditions?

Only one really. We can only accommodate 150 people inside the three rooms at the venue at any given time. I'll mention it on the website.

> We are looking for sponsors and volunteers to help us make this year's
> event a roaring success! Interested parties should contact us on the
> Mini-DebConf India mailing list [2].

To Debian publicity team you listed several participants by name, of
which at least one (me) is unconfirmed.  Please instead refer to a
public list where people can add themselves - e.g. the wiki page (which
currently lists only one person at participating in the event).

No public list of attendees is available. I had emailed the publicity team after looking at your schedule here: http://couchdesign.dk/india/ .

That wiki page is for volunteers who are helping to organize the event. @Raju, you should add your name there as well since you are helping out with publicity of the event.

Best Regards,
Rigved