Re: Mini-DebConf Mumbai, 30th & 31st Jan 2016

Quoting Rigved Rakshit (2016-01-16 17:48:53)
> We are happy to announce that this year's mini-DebConf Mumbai [1] will be
> hosted at the office of EIG, Directiplex!

Website is virtually empty without javascript.  That affects
security-concerned users, users with weak or no eye sight, bots
(including search engines), and possibly others too.

> Dates: 30th & 31st Jan, 2016
> Timings (on both the days): 09:00 to 19:00
> Venue: Directiplex, next to Andheri subway, Old Nagardas road, Andheri (E),
> Mumbai - 400069

Website lists OpenStreetMap location.  Great!  Please consider use this
semantic link instead: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/353751097

> We will be concentrating of fixing bugs in Debian at this year's
> mini-DebConf and discussing how best to organise the Debian community for a
> possible future DebConf in India! ;)

As already mentioned in previous posts, Siri and I are in India with a
different focus.  In case you find it relevant for the event you here
organize, we can offer to contribute with the following:

  * Siri and I can lead a round-table discussion on desktop design
    and designability of Debian
  * Siri and I can participate in round-table discussion on Debconf
    in India (we both have some experience from previous events)
  * I can lead a workshop on creating Debian blends using Boxer

> Registrations are free of charge and anyone can attend. Only spot
> registrations will be taken.

Website states that "Terms and Conditions apply" - which terms and which
conditions?

> We are looking for sponsors and volunteers to help us make this year's
> event a roaring success! Interested parties should contact us on the
> Mini-DebConf India mailing list [2].

To Debian publicity team you listed several participants by name, of
which at least one (me) is unconfirmed.  Please instead refer to a
public list where people can add themselves - e.g. the wiki page (which
currently lists only one person at participating in the event).

Regards,

 - Jonas