Fwd: Videos of MiniDebConf Bucharest 2015 (Debian Women)

FYI!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org>
Date: 23 October 2015 at 02:28
Subject: Videos of MiniDebConf Bucharest 2015 (Debian Women)
To: debconf-video@lists.debconf.org, debconf-mini-bucharest@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian Women <debian-women@lists.debian.org>

Dear DebConf-Video team, Debian Women and Debian MiniDebConf Bucharest
team:

Marga passed to me several months ago an url to the RAW video files,
named 00000.MTS to 00007.MTS

I've watched all of them and uploaded to my site the ones with talks:

http://cosas.larjona.net/2015_minidebconf_bucharest/

(the others are recordings of the room while breaks etc).

In that folder there is also a txt file with the hh:mm of cuts for the
different talks.

Note that I only have the talks of Saturday, I don't know if there are
more videos in other place (sorry, I lost the original URL that Marga
gave me too, I just downloaded the videos that were there, and didn't
save the URL).

I don't know if the video team may upload the videos plus the txt file
for now, or better to finish the work first.

So, the pending work. I have no idea about video
editing/transcoding/formats, but I suppose the next steps would be:

1.- Actually cut the videos, and transform them to webm format
(ogg+theora vorbis). I suppose I can use openshot or kdenlive for
that. I know how to cut the videos. I'm more lost about the format and
quality desired for the output. If you can help me giving me the
details about format resolution, fps or quality, whatever I have to
tell to openshot o kdenlive in the "export" process, I'd be very
thankful for that.

2.- If possible, enhance the audio (volume + deleting noise). I have
no idea about how to do that, nor which tool to use.

My best machine to do this work is a laptop year 2011 with AMD dual
core processor E300, AMD Radeon HD 6310, and 6GB RAM, which runs
Debian stable. I suppose it can do the work but may take days, that's
why I'd like to know well in advance how to proceed.

Any advice?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the delay in beginning this task.

- --
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona