Re: congrats Balu for 50 packages in debian

Quoting Ritesh Raj Sarraf (2015-07-04 13:16:23)
> On Saturday 04 July 2015 09:51 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
>
> Wow. This is real cool. Wasn't aware of a mail client doing that on
> Android.
>
> But I'm guessing this is not your Debian key. Because the key on a
> closed platform is something I'd not trust.
>
> Or can this be worked out ? It is so tricky with the Android platform.
> Because even if I trust CM, I still cannot trust those 100s of
> (proprietary) apps that get installed on the device.
>
> How are others working it out ?

I use Replicant - the compiled-from-only-Free-source flavor of Android -
and I use only apps from F-droid, favoring those recommended by
https://guardianproject.info/apps (which includes K-9)..

Still I do not yet use PGP on my phone.  That's not because the phone is
a "closed platform" (it isn't) but because a phone is far easier to
loose and far more difficult to firmly lock down (there's no "full disk
encryption" as on Debian) and I have not yet wrapped my head around
subkey handling in GnuPG.

 - Jonas