Re: casual proposal, some potential sponsors and telegram.

On 08/06/2014 03:09 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Those using Android _and_ caring about control over own devices are
strongly encouraged to follow the Guardian Project:
https://guardianproject.info/

They like the UI design of Telegram, but are *not* happy with its
technical design:
https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/guardian-dev/2014-February/003228.html

For cross-platform communication I recommend followiing the Debian
project to establish federated XMPP andd SIP structures (aimed
specifically at Debian developers, but since the federation is open any
other organisation can use exact same structures and collaborate more or
less directly with the Debian infrastructure):
https://bits.debian.org/2014/01/debian-sip-webrtc.html
Following this thread yesterday, I checked alternatives myself. The best I came across was surespot.
https://www.surespot.me/

They claim it is 100% open source.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf