Re: debconfs should be about Debian

at bottom :-

On 9/5/14, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

<snipped>

> I have been organizing mini debconfs for many years from 2010 and it was
> fun. I don't feel comfortable organizing any more with so much
> restrictions. Since there are so many loyal debian supporters out there,
> I'm sure they'll take things forward. Good luck.
>
> As for this mini debconf, I suggest we change the name to FOSS Meet or
> something generic so hardcore debian people won't feel we are diluting
> their trademark.

That works for me as well. I have no issues with that as well. The
only thing is I had shared the event name as minidebconf with OSFY
people. If the host institution is ok with the name change I have no
issues with that. The main thing is that some event about free
software happens. The Debian track will be there anyhow so if people
have some ideas or want to talk about Debian can do so as well.
Lightning talks, BoF all are and would be available as tools for
people to do activities.

I hope Aishwarya can share how ok or not they would be with the change
in name of event. It really doesn't matter for me because the motives
are to increase awareness both of free software and what can be done
with it.

Till l8er.