sponsorship and pitching

Hi all,
As we all know the good news, Lucas Nussbaum has given 4500 Euros or
6000 dollars after hearing from all the DD's and non-DD's as well. The
blame (as in git blame) for this money falls equally between yours
truly, Jaldhar Vyas, Praveen, Christian Perrier and Lucas Nussbam a
bit more so, for if he hadn't listened to our opinions, ideas and
thoughts it would have been a downer.

Now while the amount we have got 6000 dollars = Rs. 3,66,540 (as per
today evening's exchange rate) while not being lavish is good enough
to indicate that Debian is serious about India and growing the
community here.

As I am given to understand out of this amount Rs. 3,66,540 , 2100
dollars or Rs. 1,28,289 would need to be re-imbursed to Jaldhar for
the ticket of both ways, in which case we remain with the grand amount
of Rs. 2,38,251 or 3900 dollars would be available for taking care of
all the speaker's train travel expenses. So depending upon number of
speakers we are inviting and expenses of lodging and boarding, both
for attendees and speakers, we would be able to know how much we have
and how much we need to raise via sponsorship.

Also if there are any thoughts of swag sponsorship, that would also
have to be added.

@Harish, am looking forward to having some figures so we know what we
need to plan for.

Till l8er.