Venture capitalists hope international presence will boost new businesses

Hi all,
Might be off-topic, might be not. I had been reading up on VC's quite
a bit these days. Had taken few of my friends to one of the VC
meet-ups as well. They couldn't understand much as they are and were
not exposed to the economic and financial language VC's speak in.

http://forbesindia.com/article/real-issue/venture-capitalists-hope-international-presence-will-boost-new-businesses/38343/0

I vaguely remember some VC's investing in some FOSS startups about 6
months to a year back.It was actually a string of start-ups all using
FOSS technologies and the end-product being FOSS as well even then
VC's were funding it.

The only thing I don't remember is whether these start-ups were in
States or Europe somewhere.

If anybody knows what I'm talking about, please share. Of course, this
should benefit all.