Hello all !
So due to certain issues we couldn't have the video conference to discuss the Minidebconf, Kollam as planned earlier. However we did have an IRC meeting and here's a brief summary of what we discussed and decided.
1. We're going to scrap the idea of using google forms for registrations, instead we're going to host the registration app on the FOSS@Amrita website. There are going to be two types of forms one for the delegates and another for the speakers. As Balasankar C is experienced with this, he's going to help us out there.
2. For the main minidebconf site we're going to use debian servers. Mahendra suggested using some php code which would directly give us the list of registrations, without giving our data to third party.
Mahendra, Raju Vindane are going to help us out with the site. Pooja is going to help with the design. We're hoping to get this done by August 15th.
3. Harish and Haris Ibrahim(bluecalvin) are going to work on the CFP.
4. Roopak is working on the poster. All the suggestions made on its review are going to be implemented by him soon.
5. The sponsors for the minidebconf are yet to be contacted. A sponsorship team is going to be ready soon from our side.We'll contact the sponsors once we've planned the budget. That will be a matter to be discussed the next time we have an IRC meeting.
I might have missed out on a few technical details. Do feel free to fill in. Anyway, it'd be great to have these meetings more often as Praveen suggested :)