Re: MiniDebConf in Amritapuri, Kerala

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> b. Chronology of Debian India, events etc. on the minidebconf site :-
> One of the things that emerged with my discussions with Pavi is we
> need to have some sort of chronology of Debian India as well as the
> events that were held in India from time to time. We should have some
> of the lessons learnt, some of the positive statements which people
> shared with us over emails and otherwise put on the site as well. This
> should be content which we can re-use and add to over the years. The
> added benefit of creation of such content is that we could also re-use
> it as part of a cover-letter when asking for sponsorships from
> organizations as and when needed.

One mistake we have done is not to document well the events in the
respective minidebconf website, ofcourse most of us wrote blog posts
but there should be one place with proper snippets of some useful
information about the events.
Lets say
1. People who have started contributing after the event ( Nandaja , shravan etc)
2. Volunteers behind the event and their efforts . Some of them even
missed attending the events because of organisational aspects ( say
abdul karim , abhishek,vipin etc
3. The speakers and the talks

Maybe we need to add some pictures and create a one placeholder for
all the past events. Praveen has been part of all events while me and
shirish also have been to some of the events. Guess we could document
them using our blogs and some info in the debian wiki.

PS: Nandaja informs that we have already got a  placeholder for
http://in2014.mini.debconf.org/ :)

Regards,
Pavithran