Re: time of another mini debconf India

Hi shirsh

its great to know you from from pune too why not we meet offline (if possible )and discuss about how can we organize conf. in between i will took approval for all things.

manish kumar abhishek
9623727629

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 11:59 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
at bottom :-

On 4/26/14, MANISH <manish@worldofmanish.co.in> wrote:
> hi all
>
> We can organize one more deb conf in pune at weekend i will manage venue
> and other thing there so many people here enthusiastic about debian.
>
> waiting for comment from praveen

<snipped>

> --
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Manish Kumar Abhishek
> Project Engineer C-DAC(PUNE)
> Mob +91-9623727629
> Mail- manish@worldofmanish.co.in,amanish@cdac.in
> www.worldofmanish.co.in
>

> Let us all plant a tree, else, print sensibly.

Dear Manish,
            'Usually' or the few mini-debconfs that I have gone to or
been part of , one of the main tracks is packaging where
Praveen/Kartik or any of the DD's talk and share about
debian-packaging .  The good experiences are when we get contributions
from people like Vasudev Kamath, Nandaja Verma, Sana Khan etc. Some of
them go on to become active maintainers like Vasudev and Nandaja apart
from other people. I am sure I would be forgetting

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=nandaja.varma%40gmail.com
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=kamathvasudev%40gmail.com

There are multiple debian community events that could take place apart
from the mini-debconf , for instance there is a need to complete the
remaining stuff on diaspora in debian.

See https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora/Packaging

But something like that would need somebody with rudimentary knowledge
of both Ruby and Debian packaging.

Also 'usually' mini-debconfs are 2-3 days affair as well as the idea
of the conference/unconference is for people to have some idea of not
just the technical knowledge which Debian gives/shares but also the
values that Debian both as a project and a community is built upon and
is part of.

So my suggestion is if you want to do it fast (as in next week) then
invite 'Kartik Mistry' and as he is located in Mumbai, it might be
possible for him to come down and share his expertise with the rest of
us.

I would urge you to make a debian community event first and then
venture into making a 'mini-debconf' as we love to have multiple
speakers sharing about everything that goes in Debian. Have somebody
speak about Openstreetmap for instance, somebody talking about git,
somebody about debian-games, somebody about fund-raising, debian-women
etc. all of which go to make the mini-conf interesting and varied and
have something for every person to look forward to.

Please let me know if I can help in any way in making this event
possible. I live in Pune.

A fellow debian user.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17