User Interface Design for Programmers, Patents and Gitlab

Hi all,
 I guess this would come handy for all upcoming programmers and devs.

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/fog0000000249.html

If you look esp. at Chapter 6 given in there, I have had experiences
of all the examples shared in there during my early years in
computing. I found many of the concepts true in what has been shared
therein.

Secondly, came to know that both joel and eff have been taking a
strong stand against the patent trolling that has been becoming a
habit of late in the industry.

See :-

http://www.danshapiro.com/blog/2010/09/how-to-read-a-patent-in-60-second/
https://www.eff.org/patent
https://www.eff.org/issues/how-patents-hinder-innovation
https://defendinnovation.org/

Lastly came to know of Gitlab see http://gitlab.org/ . Similar to
github in UI but fully FOSS.
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17