Re: Mumbai Debian Users' Group Meetup

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Rigved Rakshit <r.phate@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I know that there are some Debian activities that take place in
> Pune. But I have not come across anything happening in Mumbai. So, I
> wanted to know if anyone in Mumbai is interested in starting some
> Debian activities (or have these already started?).

Hello Rigved!

There are lots of Debian enthusiastic people here in Mumbai. For
example, I do some little contribution to Debian when time permits.

> The Mumbai Linux Users' Group will be meeting in December. It will be
> a good place to start.
>
> Date: 22nd December, 2013 (Sunday)
> Time: 3:00 p.m. onwards
> Venue: Directiplex, near Andheri subway, Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400069
>
> If anyone is interested in conducting sessions during the meetup, you
> are more than welcome to do so!

I'm in. Is talk/session about Debian is fine? I can start with
introduction, how Debian works, how one can contribute etc. Or do you
really need some technical topic?

> This meetup is part of the Mumbai Technology Meetup. There will be a
> Python Users' Group Meetup and a JavaScript Users' Group meetup, from
> 10 a.m. on the same day. Kenneth Love will be streaming live at 10
> a.m. for a review of Two Scoops of Django
> (https://django.2scoops.org/).

You're doing fantastic job combining all meetups into one. Hard work!!

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com