Re: Some interesting mails read in the last week or two .

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
Just read some interesting mails in the last week or two :-

a. https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg00523.html

Debian development and release: always releasable (essay)

This is something I support. Debian stable almost always have way too old packages and I stayed with sid for a long time before moving to a rolling distro - archlinux.

b. https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg00131.html

Developer repositories for Debian (also known as PPA's)

Since it worked well for the ubuntu community, might work well here too I suppose?

I remember having a talk with Praveen while we were packaging gems for Debian -  where he mentioned that often system administrators install packages only from official repos and not with gems, pip etc. Since anybody can run a PPA, how do we deal with the trust/authenticity issue? How is it being done already?

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid