Re: Debian India website ?

On Thursday 09 February 2012 10:39 PM, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
>> a. What is the purpose of Debian India ?
>> >
>> > (I know a partial answer is given on the wiki itself, but is that it ?
>> > just localization or/and fonts or people have more ambitious goals ?
>> > )
> Its hard to meet these goals. And you want more ambitious goals? Its
> better not to write what we can't do.

It is always okay to think different.  There'd be many who would be
interested in solving problems than maintaining packages.

@Sirish: If the theme is to scope it around India, we should look at the
needs here and then relate it to Debian. Extending package management
tools is one. There might be other also.

How about ask someone here to take all daemon packages in Debian,
systemd-ize them, and then send an assessment report ?
:-)

Or evaluate the state of MAC in Debian. Debian being general purpose,
does not have a single focus. In this example, we have SELinux,
(recently) AppArmor, perhaps SMACK also. What is there status in terms
of completeness?
The last time I had interest in SELinux in Debian, I found numerous
issues. Mostly given the fact that SELinux has a centralized policy
handling for packages.

People might want to look at contributing to things that has a wider
reach and visibility. (That is not to say that pkg maintenance is a
unimportant job. It is equally widely reached and visible.)

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs
Debian - The Universal Operating System