Re: Debian India website ?

On 22:11 Thu 09 Feb     , shirish ??????????????? wrote:
> Hi all,
> IIRC there was some talk of having a debian-india website last year
> (or maybe I was imagining things) . If there is/was some thought on
> that could people point me if there were/was any old discussions on
> the same ?
>
> For instance I do not see any FAQ about Debian India on the wiki ? At
> least nothing on the Debian India Wikipage
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia
>
> Maybe its listed somewhere and it just needs to be linked here or
> maybe we need to start from scratch ? Is there an FAQ somewhere ?
>
> If not, do people think its a good idea to have an FAQ? If yes, what
> questions or points would people like to put up in an FAQ ?
>
> Some points on top of my head (not necessarily limited to the FAQ though) -
>
> a. What is the purpose of Debian India ?
>
> (I know a partial answer is given on the wiki itself, but is that it ?
> just localization or/and fonts or people have more ambitious goals ?
> )

Its hard to meet these goals. And you want more ambitious goals? Its
better not to write what we can't do.

> b. Related to above, are there any short-term and long-term goals that
> Debian India has ? If yes, spell them somewhere and keep updating them
> somewhere.
>
> c. Related to b. Some of the goals/roles might be owned by some people
> while others would be good to have in case somebody new wants to come
> in.
>
> If there is already has been some work in this direction then atleast
> I could write some part of it and later we could have some sort of
> documentation sprint between ourselves and asking other people for
> help. I do remember vaguely about keeping the site in git or something
> ? Does anybody know more ?

You are welcome to start one. We are lacking people to do existing
works in Debian-IN some how we managed to do the ttf-indic-fonts to
new fonts-* naming scheme but we don't have any one to test. Kartik is
doing his best to review our work but alone its too burden for him
also. We have this in TODO but frankly we don't have enough time.

Do one thing create a wiki page and link it from DebianIndia page may
be some one else also can volunteer.

Frankly saying all these DebianUtsav should advertise Debian-IN than
trying to do ruby packaging or something else. (But again its hard to
find really motivated guys so we are better this way than worsening
our situation trying to get more people)

Best Regards

--
Vasudev Kamath