Re: Please link debian Utsavam from events page

[copying debian-dug-in]

2012/5/14 Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org>:
> Hi Praveen,
>

> On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 10:43:20AM +0530, Praveen Arimbrathodiyil wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We did a beautiful debian event last weekend and we'd like to add it to
>> events page.
>
> Usually we add just upcoming events on the website (the idea is to
> allow people to have an overview of upcoming events and be informed on
> them), so I'm afraid there's no point in adding it now.

ok.

> But thank you for the heads up: I'll be glad to mention it on the next
> Debian Project News, linking to the event's reports.

Thanks!

> Btw, I noted that Debian India is doing a lot of amazing work, recently:
> well done!

This thanks goes to the community! We are trying to reach out to
students of computer science and other engineering fields. Since it is
a big cultural change (taking initiative as opposed to doing what you
are told to do) and it will take quite sometime to see more people
becoming part of debian.

> Can I ask you (or someone else from DUG-IN) to keep us informed of
> Debian Indian upcoming events (e.g.: sending us a mail about the event at
> least a week before it)?

Yes, that is a good idea. Last time the whole event was organized in a
weeks time!

> This way we can use the Debian Events and Publicity infrastructure to
> promote it (via website, identi.ca, DPN).

This would be very good. Thanks.

> Does it make sense for you?

Yes. Most of the time our main target is students of a particular
college (sometimes nearby colleges), but still wide coverage would be
good, both for the local community as well as debian as a whole (it
may inspire more people to do small events).

> Note that there's also a specific hierarchy/namespace on the Debian wiki
> for the events: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents (and specific
> DebianEvents/$lang/$year/$event/ pages containing). It would be
> preferable to use this namespace for events in the wiki as the
> CategoryEvents category helps a lot in tracking all events pages.

Thanks for the tip, we'll follow this for upcoming events.

Cheers
Praveen

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍