Re: Debian Utsav 2012
- To: _List Debian Indian Users <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, cofsug <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "in.mini" <email@example.com>, valu-pune <firstname.lastname@example.org>, FSUGoP <email@example.com>, "Pune GNU/Linux Users Group Mailing List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, SCG NMAM Mailing List <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, "This List discusses GNU/Linux & GNU, GPL Software" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian Utsav 2012
- From: Praveen A <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 16:25:23 +0530
- Message-id: <CAOo+eVqxngSU=-WFOyiYXMTyybvi+L9-wKE_u_=yc+42o7DJhA@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAOo+eVoeh8pc6h+SVg9sLSSxD9XMmSB4mJFOsPGZQpwtO6yLJw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAOo+eVoeh8pc6h+SVg9sLSSxD9XMmSB4mJFOsPGZQpwtO6yLJw@mail.gmail.com>
2012/1/26 Praveen A <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> [cross posting - use debian-dug-in for general discussions, use
> individual lists for specific events]
> Debian Utsav is celebration of Debian Folks - meet at one place, eat,
> drink and work on Debian! Just decide a place and time and add it
> here. Come join in any one listed at
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/DebianUtsav2012 and if you don't
> see something near you, just announce one!
Sharing my diaspora post about yesterday
https://joindiaspora.com/posts/1260798 Others share your experience
Yesterday was a greatly rewarding day!
It was a joy watching Muneeb , AbdulKarim** Memon , Sana Khan** and
shirish take the stage as I sat in the back, occasionally updating our
diaspora account. All of them were in the audience when we did
MiniDebConf 2010 at COEP. I am very happy to see the time we invested
is paying off! Great going #debianindia
Vasudeva Kamath also started learning with us in one of the irc
sessions after 2010 MiniDebConf, he is a star packager for debian-in
:) They even created a new dh-make helper for fonts. He is a Debian
I was also getting some work done in packaging ruby gems on the way to
getting diaspora packaged. I'm uploader for some 11 packages in ruby
team, many of them I migrated to gem2deb.
Folks keep going and take up bigger challenges and keep reaching out
to new people and new ideas. I would like all us reaching roles were
we define new directions. Keep up the good work.
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
they follow the rules: laws and constitution.