Re: problem with a built in webcam

I'm adding the list back to CC, let's keep it that way so other people
can also profit from any questions posted.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM, stefano anile <stefanoanile@yahoo.it> wrote:

> well) but just for one week, then it stopped to work again!!!
>
> For work I mean I open the application and I can see the image in the screen

You need to be more specific, try things and describe what happened.
If you don't do that, we cannot help!

When you open the application (cheese, skype, google talk), do you get
an error? a black image? nothing at all?
Have you tried reconfiguring the application to try to make it work
again? What have you done so far?

> I didn't change anything....
>
> One of my friend (who push me to switch to Linux and who installed ) told me
> that the dmesg didn't highlight any errors and the kernel (He said) works
> properly...

OK, this is useful. Can you post the output of the dmesg command? You
can do this in a terminal window:

dmesg > dmesg.txt

And then attach dmesg.txt in an email.

Also, try installing the mplayer tool and running this in a terminal:

mplayer tv:///dev/video0

Does that make the camera work?