Re: dpkg test suite fails on Alpine Linux starting with 1.21.10

On Mon, 2022-12-05 at 21:52:38 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Ok, looks like this might be due to the new GNU make behavior change
> where $(shell) now properly gets all exported variables, which is causing
> recursion. Passing -f to dpkg-arechitecture in the .mk fragment makes the
> test pass, but I've to make sure this is the right fix, as that will mean
> externally set variables are not honored, but then that would be the case
> anyway with the old $(shell) behavior, so I guess not a regression.
>
> Attached a tentative patch.

Please disregard the patch, while the new GNU make behavior might
surface this, the fact that reverting the commit that you bisected
fixes it (too?) means there is definitely something wrong with the
new code. I'll check what's going on later today when I've got a
moment.

Thanks,
Guillem