Re: Renaming HEAD git branches

Hello  Guillem,
On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 06:39:35AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 04:37:45 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > On Sat, 2021-03-20 at 02:26:31 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > > I'll start renaming the HEAD git branches to main for all dpkg.org git
> > > repos. The dpkg one I'll defer until I've released 1.20.8 and opened
> > > HEAD for 1.21.x.
> >
> > This is done now for all of them.
>
> It seems like you pushed into master (revivifying it) instead of main.

Sorry. I usually try to use the right branch. To make sure I don't
make further mistakes:

I currently see (with "git branch"):
  1.16.x
  1.17.x
  1.18.x
  1.19.x
  backup-1.19.x
  fehler
  lenny
* master
  sid
  squeeze
  stable

So I would issue
git branch -r origin/main main
git checkout main

And would work on this one, correct?
(Would it be possible to delete the master branch locally as well, so
that I could not even switch to this? - sorry for my limited git
knowledge and thanks).

Also which branch will be for future bullseye backports versions?

> I've removed the master branch again and added a check in a hook to
> avoid this in the future, should have done that initially. :) But no

Thanks.

> worries, really. I've also queued the commit you pushed into the update
> I'm preparing, but feel free to push it yourself in case you've got
> other queued work that you want to push. Otherwise I'll try to push it
> during the weekend or so.

Actually the very same submitter has sent me quite a few further
potential fixes I was going to review and commit over the weekend. But
I can hold this off as long as it is necessary for you to prepare.

Greetings

           Helge