dpkg Broken in Debian Buster

To Whom it May Concern,

I have recently installed Debian Buster and found when invoking in terminal
su and using dpkg-reconfigure tzdata and dpkg -i that there is error messages.

I have read all the notes around Debian Buster and tried su - and
other options and nothing works.  I request that the dpkg work as it
did in Debian Stretch and previous be the default so that these
important system functions are restored such as dpkg -i when using su.
I have wasted a lot of time trying to fix this issue with no
resolution.

Yours faithfully

Darren Hale
Formerly a happy Debian User