Re: [Summary]: RFC: Standardizing source package artifacts build paths

On Sat, 02 May 2020, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Personally, I don't see any real benefit of standardizing on (making up an
> example here) debian/.build over debian/build.

Same here. The arguments against debian/build are very weak. If we care
about a source package building a binary package named "build" or
whatever, it's really a unique case and surely it can be built with
some overrides and passing a different path where needed.

There's also the precedence of debian/source that has taken over a part of
the namespace below the debian directory.

  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋    The Debian Handbook: https://debian-handbook.info/get/
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀   Debian Long Term Support: https://deb.li/LTS