Re: All your package subscriptions have been cancelled

Hi Guillem,

On Fri, 04 Aug 2017, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 02:19:59 -0000, owner@tracker.debian.org wrote:
> > Debian Package Tracker.
> > Here's the list of subscriptions which have been removed:
> >
> > * dpkg
>
> Hmm, could this be reverted please and any lists.debian.org and probably
> alioth list whitelisted to avoid this kind of thing?

Please subscribe again for now and file a wishlist bug against
tracker.debian.org to request whitelisting of @lists.debian.org
and @lists.alioth.debian.org in the bounce handler.

I looked at the last bounce that resulted in this:

  debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host bendel.debian.org [2001:41b8:202:deb:216:36ff:fe40:4002]:
    550 5.7.1 No attachments allowed

It was a spam faking UPS delivery with an attachement that was sent
to dpkg@packages.debian.org.

I suggest you disable the "contact" keyword in the tracker subscription
for the list. It's useless since the packages.debian.org alias already
sends the mail to the list.

What's the purpose of the mailing list tracker subscription BTW?

We could also improve the lists.debian.org configuration to not generate
bounces for mails forwarded by (envelope from) *@tracker.debian.org, it
could just drop them when they are undesired.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer