Re: start-stop-daemon mishandles usernames starting with digits

On Tue, 2017-07-04 at 15:16:20 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Guillem, thanks for fixing the bug promptly.  Do we want to push that
> out in a stable update ?

Although I doubt this affects any Debian package, given the default
allowed pattern in adduser/addgroup for user names, and going from
memory from last time I scanned all of them. This is still a potential
problem for site-specific users or even with just bogus input.

So yes, I do think this is worth proposing for a stable update, and
something I realized the day after fixing it and while getting back
from my daily lethargy, that I had forgotten to mark the commit with
a Stable-Candidate field. :)

In any case, once this is in sid, I'll push it to the queue of proposed
fixes for stable.

Thanks,
Guillem