Re: start-stop-daemon mishandles usernames starting with digits

Bodo Eggert writes ("Re: BUG: start-stop-daemon has the poettering bug"):
> On Tue, 4 Jul 2017, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > BTW, I don't know (and I don't think I want to know either) what the
> > subject has to do with this, but it seems unnecessarily abrasive.
>
> Sorry, I was made aware of the bug because of the currently discussed
> systemd situation and made a quick and unprefessional  report. However,
> even looking back, it's deserved.

The correct thing to do would have been to file a bug report in the
Debian bug system, with a subject line not referring to systemd and
not making a personal attack.  I have changed the subject line of this
thread.

You could reference the systemd bug with something like this:

  I was inspired to check start-stop-daemon by hearing about
  this bug report against systemd:

Guillem, thanks for fixing the bug promptly.  Do we want to push that
out in a stable update ?

Ian.