Re: Moving towards a deb-buildinfo(5) Format 1.0

Hey Johannes,

> Multiple builds of the same source package will set SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH to
> the same value but will result in a different Build-Date.

… but that would mean that a reproducible build will result in .buildinfo
files with different contents (varying on Build-Date).

That seems, at the very least, somewhat non-intuitive to me.

A case might even be made that varying on Build-Date makes our distribution
problem more difficult; as the files aren't identical we can't easily
"de-duplicate" them with detached signatures. Perhaps I'm missing something
obvious.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.