Re: Moving towards a deb-buildinfo(5) Format 1.0

Dear Guillem,

First, thanks for all your great work on this.

> * .buildinfo filename

I personally find the current filenames pretty ugly and would prefer them
to match the .changes file. :) Note that they will also differ in raw
content once signed too (!)

>                             move the build date inside the .buildinfo
>   file in a Build-Date field or similar

Hrm. Are we sure about this? My gut tells me that the external definition
of the build should not include the Build-Date. (At the very least, this is
just a duplication of SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH?)

> * dpkg-genbuildinfo injects itself into debian/files

(Can you clarify what the issue is here? I've not heard of this before…)

> * Some of the environment variables seem superfluous or leaks

Which were we thinking of including? Perhaps attaching/linking to a
concrete example would be helpful here.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.