Beginner level Task

Hello
I am Abhishek Kumar a Computer Science undergraduate student from India.I want to get involved with Debian development community.I found dpkg interesting.Can someone please help me with how to get started and some beginner level task which may be of use to Debian community.I have pretty good understanding of c,c++,python and linux systems and I'm willing to learn new stuff independently.Even if there is some other project having lot of open issues do guide me.

Thanks
Abhishek Kumar