Re: Beginner level Task

Hi both!

On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 16:45:20 +0530, smit anand wrote:
> My name is Smit Anand and I am from India. I have a Bachelor of
> Technology in Computer Science.
> I am using Debian OS from a long time and I have came to know about some
> of its stuff. I am very much interested in programming and would like to
> help the community to continue this good work.
>
> I am not much aware of dpkg packaging system but try my best to do
> whatever I can. I know C language.

Thanks both for your interest! Although I'm afraid I might not currently
have the time to do initiatory mentoring. When it comes to dpkg, I'd
say you'll need to be somewhat proficient in packaging first, so you
might want to start with that (you could check with the debian-mentors
lists for any help needed there). You'll need to read and imbue yourself
with the debian-policy, and the dpkg documentation. Depending on the
area that you might want to work in dpkg, you might need to get some
knowledge about build systems, cross-compilation, etc.

And finally, my general recommendation would be to use the software and
find things that annoy you or that you feel could be improved. Check the
current bug list and see if there's something you might want to tackle.

You can always ask targatted questions about dpkg development that are
not documented elsewhere either on the mailing list, on specific bug
reports, or on the IRC channel, and either I or someone else might be
able to resolve your question.

For further info about dpkg development please also see
<https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg>.

Thanks,
Guillem