Re: Preliminary review of dpkg-genbuildinfo

Hi!

On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 15:09:36 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> In any case, given this, your initial change does make sense, but I
> think it's in the wrong place. I've instead modified Dpkg::Dist::Files
> to always sort the files list, so that any other program parsing that
> file will automatically get reproducible results.
>
> Initially I wanted to preserve the insertion order to preserve
> compatibility with the previous implementation, but always sorting these
> seems right to me so I went ahead with that now.

This was included in 1.18.0, but your forward ported patch now makes
it fail the test suite, you might want to drop that one. :)

  <http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/reproducible/dpkg.git/commit/?h=pu/reproducible_builds&id=e0dcf1ac9737567289736745f8024306c4f9b9d9>

Thanks,
Guillem