Dpkg's perl parts on CPAN

Dear dpkg developers,

I have a "vision" that dpkg's perl stuff will be on CPAN. Benefits:
* it can be tested during preparation for releases of perl and also releases of EUMM
* immediate access to the results from the CPANtesters network

Looking at this: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/dpkg/dpkg.git/tree/scripts/Dpkg makes it seem like a slight restructuring would make this quite easy. Making it work properly and be independently installable might take a bit more.

What is the general feeling on this?

(Please Cc me as I am not a subscriber at this point)

Best regards,
Ed J
EUMM guy