Re: understanding dpkg trigger cycles

Hi,

Quoting Johannes Schauer (2014-12-12 09:37:31)
> Now working on explicit triggers :)
>
> The script is written in POSIX shell and I'll push it into some git once this
> is done.

I'm done with the non-heuristic part.

It seems there are not any trigger cycles when explicit triggers are involved
except for a self-trigger of wims-modules on itself. But self-triggers are now
not shown anymore.

I put the shell snippet here:

https://github.com/josch/find_dpkg_trigger_cycles

Patches and bugreports welcome.

I plan to add a heuristic part based on maintainer scripts once we have a
service that can be used to find all binary packages with maintainer scripts
that call a certain set of packages. Working on that as well :)

Thanks!

cheers, josch