Re: Please decide how Debian should enable hardening build flags

Hi Russ,

Russ Allbery wrote:

> I believe at this point the dpkg-buildflags solution has proven reasonably
> successful and is being widely deployed.  I think we should confirm that
> the TC agrees with that approach and close out this bug.

While I understand that the PR effect would be good, I encourage you
not to do that.  Instead, I'd suggest just closing the bug as
described at [1]:

| 5. Sometimes, one side or other is convinced, during the committee's
|    deliberations, by the merit of the other side's arguments. This
|    is a good thing! If it happens, the committee need not make a
|    formal decision

It would be probably be worth listing issues that were resolved this
way somewhere on the Technical Committee website.  It is the best
possible outcome and worth celebrating.

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte