Re: Moving debian/* to non-standard location

Kip Warner <kip@thevertigo.com> writes:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 22:57 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Generally you can just do it as a separate branch within the same
>> repository.  See, for example:

>>     http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html#combine

>> (This still needs some updates for the --upstream-vcs-tag flag.)

> Hey Russ. Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I
> ever decide to migrate to Git. For now though, I'm using Bzr.

They're similar for this purpose.  I think bzr-builddeb even works
essentially the same way, although you may not get pristine-tar and the
--upstream-vcs-tag features.  But you can still get the same benefit of
using the same repository and just a different branch.