Re: Sources.gz and missing dependencies, status

You asked why i'd believe the dpkg team would understand a sentence containing the word depends means. I said I assumed they would.

Now you write me saying why should I assume they don't understand deepends.

Your "line of questions" crosses itself and not for the first time.

I don't owe an answer.

-- John

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
John D. Hendrickson wrote:

Build-Depends.  I wrote the dpkg team so I can expect they would
know what depends are.

Do you think that the dpkg team doesn't know what the Depends
field means or what the state of its use is in the archive?
Or do you have some question about what it means?