Re: Sources.gz and missing dependencies, status

Hi,

I'm not a DD or DM but worked out a Package Manager helper for debian.

for squeeze (sorry) I'm seeing 214 depends called out in Sources not found anywhere in Packages or Sources (not as provides , not anywhere , not even by grep'ing anything!)

PROBLEM: also, these are "near misses / synonyms" of real packages. ie, "libreadline-dev" is asked for by Sources but not a Package: or Provides: or Binary: anywhere. Am I missing some list of synonyms someone has some place ? They aren't just 5th toe.

Why? See the project (below) uses Packages (and/or) Sources to show either total or just installed dependency order (and can optionally act like apt-get , incl. optional resolving).

Reference:

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/dep-trace

"show-all" and "depend-order-install-source" are in:

     dep-trace-examples-update-3.tar.gz

I'm "hoping" it can install given a list of source targets , do in depends order , thus avoiding all autoconfig fails. I realize that's maybe "not immediately attainable from current standing".

for now it has a work-around for skipping these near misses - but of course can't download them :)

Thank you all.

Have Fun all !

      -- John Hendrickson